REGINA, Sask. - On behalf of the Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors, we wish to advise Minor Hockey Associations within Zone Five (5) that Hockey Saskatchewan will be accepting bids to host the 2023 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan from January 20-22, 2023.
Hockey Day in Saskatchewan was recently held in Radville and the host committee has raised approximately $70,000 to date, with an extensive online auction yet to take place. In 2020, the host community of Hillmond raised $210,000.
The following criteria will be used to select a community to serve as the host for the 2023 event:
- The Minor Hockey Association is a member in good standing with Hockey Saskatchewan.
- A detailed Host Committee structure for the event is in place.
- A detailed agenda for a weekend of activities is included (see attached suggested agenda/activities for the event).
- If possible, all teams within Minor Hockey have an opportunity to be involved.
- The community has an action plan to build a new arena or renovate its existing arena.
- A proposed budget for the weekend.
- A local promotional plan.
Hockey Saskatchewan will provide the following assistance to the host community:
- $5,000 Hosting Grant
- Local Poster Campaign promoting the host community
- Silent auction items
- Guest speaker or assist in obtaining a guest speaker
- Securing of teams for hockey games
This event has proved to be a tremendous promotion over the course of the past twelve (12) years and Hockey Saskatchewan sees this event getting larger and more popular each year.
Please submit your Bid to Host the 2023 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan event to the Hockey Saskatchewan Office, c/o Kelly McClintock (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 1st, 2022. A recommendation will be made to the Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors for approval at their meeting scheduled for the end of April.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office at 306-789-5101.
Memorandum with Appendicies (PDF)