REGINA, Sask. – A memorandum has been issued regarding a call for bids from Zone Eight (8) membership to host the 2024 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan. For full details on the application, please see the appendices at the bottom.
- To: Registered Minor Hockey Associations – Zone 8
- From: Kelly McClintock
- Re: Hockey Day in Saskatchewan 2024: Call for Bids
On behalf of the Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors, I would like to advise Minor Hockey Associations within Zone Eight (8) that Hockey Saskatchewan will be accepting bids to host the 2024 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan from January 19-21, 2024.
Hockey Day in Saskatchewan was recently held in Martensville and the host committee has raised over $50,000 to date. Altogether, Hockey Day in Saskatchewan has raised over $1.25 million in 15 different communities since its inception in 2008.
The following criteria will be used to select a community to serve as the host for the 2024 event:
- The Minor Hockey Association is a member in good standing with Hockey Saskatchewan.
- A detailed Host Committee structure for the event is in place.
- A detailed agenda for a weekend of activities is included (see attached suggested agenda/activities for the event).
- If possible, all teams within Minor Hockey have an opportunity to be involved.
- The community has an action plan to build a new arena or renovate its existing arena.
- A proposed budget for the weekend.
- A local promotional plan.
Hockey Saskatchewan will provide the following assistance to the host community:
- $5,000 Hosting Grant
- Local Poster Campaign promoting the host community
- Silent auction items
- Guest speaker or assist in obtaining a guest speaker
- Securing teams for hockey games
- Assistance with printed materials such as programs and tickets
Please submit your Bid to Host the 2023 Hockey Day in Saskatchewan event to the Hockey Saskatchewan Office, c/o myself by April 1st, 2023. A recommendation will be made to the Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors for approval at their meeting scheduled for the end of April.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 306-789-5101.